// Performance Advantage
- We thrive on the challenge of machining complex geometric parts.
- Our 5‑axis DMG‑MORI DMU50 Ultrasonic milling centre equipped with
a robot pallet changer allows us to tackle any advanced shape
- Additionally, our 4‑axis DMG‑MORI NLX1500SY lathe with live tooling can produce high quality complicated parts.
Hard and Brittle Materials
- The ultrasonic feature on the DMG-MORI DMU50 pulses the shaft between 20,000 – 50,000 Hz with small amplitudes between 1-15 μm while machining the part.
- High performance materials which are normally difficult to machine can cost-effectively be processed with the highest of quality.
- The unique features of the Ultrasonic technology are (depending
- Up to 40% reduction in machining forces and tool wear.
- Up to 3‑times higher material removal rates.
- Excellent surface finish. Possible to obtain Ra < 0.2 μm.
- Improved particle flushing due to smaller chip sizes that improve cooling, accuracy and surface finish.
- Significant reduction in sub‑surface cracks improving quality and making thinner walled parts feasible.
- Examples of Hard and Brittle materials that can be machined are:
|Hard||Hard and Brittle|
- We can of course machine conventional materials such as:
- Aluminium, Steel, Stainless Steel, Brass
- Acetal (Delrin), PPS (Ryton), PTFE (Teflon), PVC, Nylon